Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Serve em' up Joe

Oregon's beers are strong and they taste so much better than the watery $7 a glass drafts they sell on the opposite coast. I would definitely add this to my list of reasons for my love for Portland. Not that I need to defend it.The beer buyer at the Union Square Whole Foods informed me that many of the small craft breweries in Oregon do not ship out of state because the quality could be compromised. We wouldn't want that, but I am sure compromised-quality Bridgeport IPA and Deschutes Mirror Pond would still beat out anything Vermont or Brooklyn has to offer. Knowing that this wouldn't be possible, I tried to consume my fare share while I had the chance. I enjoyed several on location in Bend, Oregon at the Deschutes Brewery with David after shopping for ski clothes. Yep, we earned those tasty pints. I also convinced high school friends in Portland to order a variety for the table because I couldn't leave out any of the five of my favorites being served on tap. I count this idea among my better ones. It was really a good plan and they all carried it out very well. Congratulations. How about another round.

No comments: