Friday, December 16, 2005

And Day Dreaming



Yesterday I bought my first ever pair of skis. It has been nearly 4 years since I last set a ski on a mountain, but I am convinced that the sport will play an important role in my happiness. Already, the joy in owning a pair of gorgeous, although slightly abused, 2005 K2 T-Nine One Luv skis has added to the mounting expectation of winter break and the few days I will spend on Oregon's beautiful mountatins.



I believe part of my rediscovered interest in skiing has to do with living in a place where it snows everywhere, and not just on a surreal mountain top where you drive several hours out of a city to find another world. Of course, that's also nice. But I have begun to love the snow on the streets. When it's snowing, everything is completely calm and quiet. The ugly mess of cars and garbage cans is hidden by white. I thought I hated the winter. I was afraid of what would happen when New York started to get cold, but I think I actually love it. I just hope I can keep up this daydream until Spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! that's me...in the boots!