Saturday, December 17, 2005

Borrowed or Stolen?


An ipod came into my life recently. It's not mine. I didn't covet it or beg for it, but I may not be able to help myself from doing so come time to give it back to its owner next week. He's stronger than me and knows where I sleep, so I expect he will try to get it back by force if no other methods work. I didn't know that by bringing it along to the computer labs last week I would be changing the very fabric of my alone time from that point forward. Why did I let myself get so attached to this slipperly little object that pipes the soundtrack of my life into my ears as I float along the crowded streets of New York? How will I ever surrender it to him?

2 comments:

Catalonic said...

If that is a Christmas present hint, it´s not very subtle.
Just think, the countdown you are currently rattling off not only represents D-day for David, but also D-day for devolver.

NoellieBellie said...

I think what he's trying to say is, "Fork over the pod. Pronto."

Just a guess.

And David, get her a freaking ipod, will you? GEEZ!