Sunday, September 24, 2006

Homecoming Queen


Dear Blog Readers,

I always wanted to be nominated for homecoming queen, or prom queen, or one of those gay embarrasing titles for which I was clearly too cool to occur to my classmates when it came time for them to vote. My sister Nadia got nominated. Voting for her was as close to irony as highschool kids could ever come. So they did it twice, and left me with a complex.

Last night I ended up at Nevada Smith's- a bar that has a decidedly highschoolesque hype about it. One beer into it, an unattactive horde of women on a bachelorette party scavenger hunt nominated me to wear their "Awesome 80's Prom" banner, and I immediately channeled all of my repressed high school disappointment. I didn't get Rose Queen of St. Mary's Academy, but I got a sash from a very raunchy bachelorette. Can you blame me for being excited?

"You're the Awesome 80's prom queen!"

Claire, an admirer.

I was congratulated with a beer, but Kirsten was clearly much thirstier.

6 comments:

Catalonic said...

As much as I love you, I must protest to you being crowned 80's queen anything, as your 80's knowledge is seriously questionable. I mean come on, you hadn't even heard of Sixteen Candles until 2 years ago, let alone James Spader.
JAMES FUCKING SPADER!
Beauty Queen? Absolutely.
80's Prom Queen? Pushin it.

Lyndsey Medora said...

James Spader can bite me. I got a sash.

Catalonic said...

James Spader can bite anyone he wants. That's one of the perks of being James Spader.

Anonymous said...

yeah. james spader's so smarmy. one of these days we could have a tuff turf/pretty in pink/sex lies & videotape marathon, so you could truly experience the range of his smarminess.

Catalonic said...

Well if were going to have a Smaramthon, we have to include Less Than Zero. Is it possible to be more smarmy than a teenage crack dealer forcing Robert Downey Jr. to have man sex in order to get his fix?
James Spader, you're a God.

Anonymous said...

hold up. lynds, you seriously hadn't heard of 16candles? by the way i was 7 and really thought spader was HOT. i mean he had to be right? what else would a guy with the hot girl be? and i like his voice. my favorite photo is the second one down. i LOVE it!