Monday, September 18, 2006

Nebraska Binge


I had the pleasure of attending a Nebraska-themed birthday party last weekend. The birthday boy was indeed from Nebraska and so were all the other Runza-loving football fanatics. So really, there was nothing too out of the ordinary about the whole affair. Except...the surreal condo building in the Financial District where it was held. Velvet curtains, 10 foot high mirrors, burgandy couches, a glass-rimmed pool table, the bar, and the pièce de résistance: a screening room showing the Nebraska football game.

Perhaps the elaborate setting was then to blame for the extravagant behaviors. I didn't catch it all on camera, but shortly before the handcuffing fight shown below, a scooter negotiation took place and resulted in a highspeed crash in the street below. I may take a lot of pictures, but that's one good instance when I clearly wasn't taking enough.
________

HANDCUFF FIGHT
________

SCOOTER NEGOTIATION















POSTSCRIPT


As far as I know, no one was hurt in the highspeed scooter crash. However, I still feel bad, as a soon-to-be health care professional, that upon witnessing it I laughed before I became concerned.

No comments: