Monday, December 18, 2006

"Graduation"



Thanks to the solitary efforts of Mikey B. and family, we had a graduation celebration on Saturday. It was pretty spectacular. Picture an unassuming Veterans of Foreign War Hall in Brooklyn full of nursing students, tables with purple tablecloths, a buffet, an real open bar with real veterans serving drinks, and a two-man-band in the corner.




We were all excited about the results. Even Emily (she's just pretending she's not in that photo). She rounded up the Puerto Rican in the room and pulled off a little dance par-te between the tables.

While I was off partying with the chicken wings...



and trying on other people's Manolo Blahniks. They were lovely when Kara pulled them out of her purse, but as soon as I put them on I felt my heart beat faster. TACHYCARDIA, friends, tachycardia.


_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

4 comments:

NoellieBellie said...

Congratulations!!! (I tried to write it in your last post too, but Blogger defied me.)

Anonymous said...

that was supposed to be my "one-eyebrow-raised come-hither" look. i often get it confused with my "i'm skeptical" look. next time, get your own manolo's and meet me on the dance floor lady!

George said...

congrats and.. nice shoes!

shrimplate said...

Shoe-induced paroxysmal tachycardia. I'll have to be on the look-out for that!

Congratulations on graduating. I have both a 4-year Bachelor's degree in a traditional subject, (which itself had performance requirements above and beyond what most college students have to cope with) and my Associate's degree in nursing, and the nursing degree was far more difficult to attain. It's a brutal experience and such a relief to get it over with.

I just got around to some old e-mail which is why it took me so long to blogroll you.

Friday shoe-blogging, anyone?